One Man Scandal
* The scene shows Shawn Winters laying on his couch flipping through his DVR on his television as he clicks on an episode of the show White Collar that he hasn't seen yet. He's got Shadow laying on the floor beneath him as he licks Shawn's hand when it drops his hand letting go of the remote on the floor. Just as the episode is getting started his phone starts ringing. Shawn sighs before getting up and looking at it. It's a number that he doesn't recognize so he ignores it. He puts his phone back down and turns his attention back to his show. Not even a second later the phone starts to ring again. Shawn pauses his show and looks at his phone and see's its the same number. *
Shawn Who the hell is this?
At The Hospital
* Shawn answers it thinking they must want to get in touch with him whoever it is. *
Phil SHAWN! SHAWN IT'S PHIL! HANNAH'S WATER BROKE!
Phil Yeah it broke a couple hours ago. We've got her to the hospital. Dude you're going to be a father.
Shawn Oh-oh my god.
It's happening...shit a panic attack. Damn it Shawn get it together, get it together. Deep breaths. Deep breaths.
Phil Shawn listen...Hannah said that she didn't want you here but-
My heart weighs a thousand pounds.
Phil But I can tell that it's just a strong face she's trying to put on for us. Shawn, she says she doesn't want you here but deep down I know that she needs you here.
Shawn Does she know that you're calling me?
Phil No...she never even asked anybody to tell you. I'm doing this because I love my sister and I know that she needs you right now. You're about to be a father and her a mother and she needs as much support as she can get right now.
Shawn You're right Phil...I'll be there as soon as I can. I'm leaving now.
Phil Thank you.
* Shawn hangs up his phone and he throws himself over the edge of the couch and steps on Shadow's tail as he gets up which gets a loud bark and an attempted bite from Shadow. Shawn begins to run around his house frantically looking for everything. *
* Shawn finds a shirt and throws it on as quickly as possible only to realize that it's on backwards and he turns it around. He searches around for his keys and grabs them and his coat as he rushes out the door. Only for him to come running right back in. *
* Shawn finds his shoes while he slips them on and throws his coat on as well as he runs right back out the door. Towards his car and gets in quickly before speeding out of his driveway towards the hospital. *
* Shawn rushes into the hospital and right up to the front desk. Shawn's breathing heavy as adrenaline and everything is seemingly getting the best of him. His words are fast and almost foreign. *
Clerk - Calm down Sir...calm down. What can I do for you?
* Shawn takes a could deep breaths trying to regain control of himself. *
Shawn My wife...ex-wife, pregnant...her water broke and she's here. Her name is Hannah Hesser, I need to know the room number.
Clerk - Absolutely Sir, let me just check really quick.
* She types in some keys on the computer before locating her. *
Clerk - She was admitted a couple hours ago. She's on the 4th floor room 421.
Shawn Thank you, you lovely lovely woman!
* Shawn rushes down the hall and passes a gift shop area. He stops and back tracks and looks inside. *
Shawn I...I can't just show up empty handed.
* Shawn goes inside and begins to grab anything that he can get his hands on. He grabs a couple balloons that say IT'S A GIRL!!! and MOMMY!! on them he grabs a huge stuffed bear that's holding a heart, a box of chocolates, a t-shirt, anything he can carry. He drops it all on the counter. The cashier seems to be taken back by everything. *
Cashier - You want all of this?
Shawn Yes-yes...everything all of it. Shit...do I need more?
Cashier - Haha, I think you'll be fine.
Shawn I don't know! A card...should I get her a card!? Get well soon!? Happy Birthday!? Shit no....birthday is clichι, plus it's not her birthday she's giving birth.
Cashier - Calm down, you're fine. It's 215 dollars total.
* Shawn quickly hands her a card as she swipes it through and give sit back to him. He signs the recipe quickly before bear hugging everything into his arms. He reaches the elevator only to be unable to push the button. Luckily someone is beside him. *
Person - Up or down?
Shawn Up please!
Person - No problem.
Shawn Thank you.
* The elevator doors open as Shawn gets inside as the person beside him does the same. *
Person - Floor?
* He pushes the fourth floor button as well as the sixth. *
This is the slowest elevator in history. I need to see Hannah....I need to be there and tell her...oh shit...what the hell am I going to say to her? Here have a bunch of presents, I'm sorry about how I acted last time I saw you?
* The person beside looks at him as Shawn realizes he said that out loud. *
Person - Don't worry son. You'll be fine, it's not as scary as it seems.
* Shawn musters a smile to acknowledge the advice. *
He has no idea.
* The elevator stops and the doors slowly open as Shawn stumbles out of the elevator and peeks around his cluster of crap in his hand to try and see any signs pointing him in the direction of Hannah's room. He spots a sign that's pointing him to the right as he jogs down the hall way in search of room 421 only to bump into Hannah's brother Phil whose in the hall texting on his phone. *
Phil Shawn?! Is that you back there?!
Shawn Phil? Heh, yeah I uh...I don't know. I'm over my head here I don't know what I'm supposed to do I panicked.
Phil It's fine....follow me.
* Phil grabs Shawn's arm leading him to Hannah's room. The door is closed as Shawn can feel his heart racing a mile a minute. *
Phil Listen...my family is in there and I'm not sure how they're going to react to you being here. Just ignore it...even if Hannah herself yells at you to leave don't do it.
Shawn Um ok...you're kind of scaring me here Phil.
Phil Listen...I know my sister and I know she's too proud to admit that she needs you but she does. The way I see it...you put that thing in her and it's your job to get it out.
Shawn Is this like some sort of demon?! Is she possessed?!...Phil...should I be afraid for my life going in there?
Phil Assuming the nurses' declined Hannah's wish to get some scissors I don't think so.
Shawn Alright....alright....alright...wish me luck.
Phil Good luck.
* Shawn sighs before Phil opens the door and Shawn walks in. Everyone stares at him not because it's him but because he's some pile of crap with legs. *
Hannah - WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!
Shawn I don't know!
* Shawn drops everything on the floor revealing himself to Hannah and her family. *
Hannah - What the hell are you doing here?!
Shawn I-I-I'm afraid if I say anything it's only to make things worse. I'm not in a good relationship with my mouth right now.
Hannah - GET OUT!!! NOBODY INVITED YOU HERE ANYWAY!!!
* Shawn stands still almost in fear as Hannah is straddled up in a gown and CLEARLY pissed off that this baby isn't out of her yet. *
Shawn No....Hannah I'm not going anywhere. I put that thing in you and I'm here to help you get it out.
Hannah - Is that right? What are you going to do stick a vacuum up my vagina?!
Shawn That...wouldn't work.
Hannah - No shit Sherlock!
* Shawn moves closer to the bed as Hannah's parents just look at him. *
Shawn Hannah listen...I'm not going to leave your side through this. I'm the father and it's my responsibility to help you through this. Hannah listen...whatever you need I'll be here to give it to you.
Hannah - I don't want my baby being born in a hostile environment so leave!!!
Shawn Yeah except that. Anything else though?!
Hannah - Jump up your own ass and die!!!
Shawn See that's just physically impossible.
Hannah - What ever happened to you not being in a good relationship with your mouth huh? Thought you were going to keep it closed!!!
* Shawn is silent. *
Hannah - Where the hell is that nurse?! Am I dilated enough yet? It's been forever!
* Hannah's mother places her hand on Hannah's head pushing the hair out of her face. *
Bonnie Hannah honey this stuff takes time. I know you just want it to be over trust me. It's not like the movies where your water breaks and boom a baby pops out.
* While Bonnie is talking to Hannah, her father points his finger at Shawn and tells him to follow him. They step outside the door. *
Alec Listen...I tried to like you Shawn. I mean I really did. You remind me a lot of me when I was younger. Trust me I get it, I get your lifestyle and I don't judge it. However when it comes to my daughter...she doesn't want you here and it would be best for the baby if you layed low maybe in the waiting room.
Shawn Alec I kn-
Alec So we're at an agreement? I don't know who called you but-
Phil I called him.
* Phil who has been in the hallway this entire time has walked up to the conversation. *
Phil Dad...I know that you think that Hannah saying she didn't want Shawn here is what she wants but she's not in the right state of mind right now. Don't tell me that I'm the only one that see's that she's scared. She's terrified and she needs Shawn here. Honestly we're not enough for this. Whether they're married or not you know there is still something there and Hannah doesn't want to admit it but she needs Shawn here right now. She needs him...she's just afraid to admit it. She's got too much going on right now.
Alec (sighs) You're right...Shawn.
* Alec places his hands on Shawn's shoulders. *
Alec She needs you here. If anything to let her yell at you through this whole thing.
* Alec brings Shawn in for a huge. *
Alec You could very well serve a crucial part in this. Then when it's all done...then maybe it'll give you and Hannah a chance to talk.
* Alec lets go and pats Shawn on the side of the cheek a couple times. *
Alec Get in there Tiger.
* Shawn nods as he goes back in the door. *
Alec I think Hannah is going to kill him.
Phil Yeah, it's possible.
* Shawn goes up to the bed and grabs Hannah's hand who seems pissed but doesn't take her hand away. *
Shawn Hannah...I'm here. I'm here. It's me in the flesh and I'm not leaving you. Hannah...I'm not leaving you...not again. I'm riding this through to the end.
* Hannah looks at Shawn as her emotions get the best of her and she starts to cry. Tears flowing down her face like a waterfall. *
Shawn I'm not leaving you again Hannah. I'm here...not again. I promise.
* Hannah starts to try and wipe away her tears from her face with her other hand. *
Hannah - Please don't leave me!
* Shawn smiles at the knowledge of Hannah wanting him there. *
Shawn I won't...I'm here Hannah and I won't leave your side. I'll be with you through all of it.
Hannah - I love you.
* Shawn seems taken back by that comment as he hasn't heard it from her since she got pregnant. Three simple words that he's wanted to hear from her for what seems like an eternity. A tear falls down Shawn's cheek which he quickly wipes away hoping nobody noticed. *
Shawn I love you too Hannah. I love you too.
* Shawn kisses Hannah as she starts to stop crying. *
Hannah - UGH! Just get this thing out of me!!!
Shawn Shhh...shhh...it's ok just need to get your mind off things. When we first met do you know what it was that I loved most about you?
Hannah - I don't know Shawn....I...the fact that I didn't know who you were?
Shawn No, you're boobs.