One Man Scandal
* The scene opens up showing Shawn Winters laying in his bed on his back awake with the blankets placed randomly around the bed. He looks over to his left to regretfully see that he indeed struck out last night in finding a rebound chick from Hannah. Shouldn't be a surprise by the way he was acting. Shawn couldn't have picked up a chick with a hundred dollar bill hanging out of his zipper. He then takes a look at the clock it's almost noon as he takes a deep sigh. He then takes both hands and rubs his palms against his face trying to wake himself up. *
Shawn Why is this so hard? All I want to do is move on with my life instead of staying in this vicious cycle in which it's been in this last year. I mean the emotional roller coaster aside this year has wrecked havoc on my entire life plan. I stood around telling myself that what I was doing was the right thing. I've done everything in this last year to just down right try and get to the finish line however the moment I think I'm there, the moment I think that I've reached the point I've been striving for with Hannah and with a family I'm busted for a positive drug test. It's all just taken away from me in an instant. Like a positive drug test all that you did in that time is just swept under the rug to be forgotten.
* Shawn sits up leaning against the headboard of his bed running his fingers through his hair to get it out of his face. *
Shawn It didn't matter what I did for Hannah...I made a random mistake where I'm not even sure happened and I was kicked to the curb. Just left on the street outside of her home leaving empty and hollow. I was heart broken...I lived my entire life to never have that feeling and now it's all coming back to haunt me. I turned my life around a complete 180 for what? Nothings different from when this whole thing started except for Valarie being born.
I know what I've got to do. I've been living a lie for the past year just pretending to be someone that I'm not. Now that I know that picture perfect life isn't going to happen. That American Dream will no longer be at my door step I need to do me. I need to retake my life. It's about damn time to, no more will I let some bitch tell me to be who I'm not. I'm Shawn Winters...and damn it I'm going to be myself because being myself is what makes me happy not being some lap dog for a chick. Hannah may have taken some things away from me during this last year with my confidence being one of them. No more, I'm back and I'm as confident as ever and I'm going to prove it. For this past year being a husband and being a father has defined me, Hannah and Valarie have defined me. No more...I will once again define me.
* Shawn has an ear to ear grin on his face as if he's got evil thoughts growing in his brain. Right then Shawn's phone starts blowing up. Some annoying Katy Perry song that Ace stole from him at one point. Shawn takes a look at it to see it's indeed Ace Marshall. Ace has been Shawn's best friend but in the past year they have indeed grown apart as Shawn has been hell bent on bettering himself while Ace has just been coasting on drugs and liquor. Shawn hasn't forgotten the dozens and dozens of phone calls he's received from Ace in the last few weeks, Shawn has just always had a reason not to answer. Trying to be a father, don't want to be around the drugs, don't need do fuck anything. Well it seems that the excuses have ran out. Shawn remains certain that he doesn't need any drugs in his life knowing what the future holds for him traveling down that path. However Shawn needs to retake his life and damn it he needs to get laid. Shawn answers his phone and blatantly says it. *
Shawn I need to fuck something!
* Shawn could hear Ace's silence for a second almost as if he's shocked. Shawn quickly puts Ace on speaker phone holding his phone near his lap. *
Ace Really? Well I might have an opening on Friday. I don't know, this girl feels neglected. You never call, you never write, never answer. At least take me to dinner.
* Shawn smirks a bit almost taking the pressure off his shoulders of taking this whole thing so seriously. *
Shawn I'm honestly questioning the theory of evolution because one would think you'd change however even without speaking to me you're still desperate for a free meal. Do I need to pay for the lube too?
Ace If you want to. Although now that you mention free meals that comes with booze right? I haven't had anything to drink in a while. Every drink just reminded me of you. Did you know I live in Vegas now? They sell traveler sized bottles of vodka in vending machines in pre-schools. The pain of not having you with me to raid the school systems of their alcohol. Oh man, and just wait til you meet my girl.
* Shawn laughs a bit. *
Shawn Aw that's cute honey bee, did you sweeten that girl of yours up with such sweet talk? Couldn't imagine anyone above high school level buying that crap. Did you meet her when getting said alcohol from preschools? I don't know, maybe lure them into your tinted windowed van with promises of candy and unicorns?
Ace I am telling you, the unicorn line works, and I don't want you to ever meet her and tell her they do not exist. It'd break her heart. But seriously, what's going on? Really want to fuck something huh?
* Shawn looks over onto his night stand where there is a picture of himself and Hannah back when they were happily married. It's a picture he's fallen asleep to countless times thinking about what could have been and what could possibly be. He grabs the frame and pushes it face down onto the stand. *
Shawn Yeah I need to fuck something. Not just anything either, I mean I need something special if I'm going to pull this off. I need a girl that's going to make Hannah eat her own words and vomit up regret and stupidity. This chick needs to get me to give a giant middle finger to Hannah showing her that I'm back to being myself. Not just a rebound chick but a huge middle finger to my ex-wife chick. I'm going to need to hit her where it hurts.
They say there is nothing worse than a woman scorn. Well people have yet to see a Shawn Winters dumped.
Ace We should meet up man. I'll even do you a favor. I have the perfect woman for you and it'd even drive that dumb ex of yours over the edge. I guarantee it to be a good time. You can even meet my girlfriend! Longest relationship I've ever had.
* Shawn sat there in silence after Ace's last comment. He could tell that Ace seemed a bit desperate by the tone of his voice however what better way to get back to Shawn's old self then by hanging out with Ace Marshall his best friend and tearing some shit up? Hell if Ace has a girl in mind that could scare a normal man however when it comes to Shawn and Ace they tend to have a similar taste in women. Hell they have on numerous occasions dipped there pen into the same girls ink whether it be Charlie, Katelyn, or Holly. Shawn thinks for a moment if this is really what he wants. He looks at the frame once again still laid face down. He bites his bottom lip in a deep thought before responding. *
Shawn Alright but this high school chick of yours better have a good fake ID because I plan on getting drunk!
Ace Worst case scenario I'll talk to Alex and I'll see if we can steal Rachel Foxx's ID again. Kidding but yeah. Look forward to it. I'm heading to LA later on, it isn't that far anymore. Try to answer your phone when I get there! I'll call you later, I'm gonna call your rebound and get this set. Won't regret it man.
* Shawn gets a smile across his face as he knows that he's going to have a night out with someone other than Barney or his sister. *
Shawn Alright well it's noon now so I'm going to go ahead and start pre-gamin'.
Ace Alright then, be ready. I know you'll show her whose daddy. Later man, catch you soon.
Shawn Peace out.
* Shawn hangs up his phone with a bit of a smirk on his face as he places his phone on the end table. He stands up out of his bed in his boxers before scratching his balls a bit before he stretches. He takes one step before hearing his phone start to ring again. He grabs his and see's that it's Barney calling. *
Shawn Oh shit...what happened last night? Was I with him all night? Please tell me I ditched him in an alley somewhere.
* Shawn hits the ignore button as his voice mail message speaks out loud over the speaker phone. This is Shawn Winters phone if I don't know you please hang up if I do don't leave a voice mail they're fucking gay. Just text me.....BEEP! At that point there is nothing as Barney has hung up. Shawn laughs at his own voice mail recording. He puts his phone back down before a couple beeps are heard. Shawn stops and turns around and grabs his phone to see he has a text, from Barney. *
Barney Shawn dude I had a blast with you last night! You and I wing men for life! I managed to talk to like 3 girls last night all because of you! Well mostly because you ignored me most of the night I felt obligated to talk to some girls-
* The text cuts off there as Shawn shakes his head only for his phone to beep a couple times more. He opens the text and it has continued. *
Barney and they were super hot. I mean porn star hot you know what I'm talking about right? I dropped your name a couple times and at first they didn't believe me but when I showed them a picture of us together they thought I was-
* The text cuts off again as Shawn just stares at his phone knowing that this isn't over. Moments later a couple more beeps are heard. *
Barney some sort of stalker? You believe that? We're best buds. So I decided to joke that I had a bunch of duck tape and chloroform in my car if they wanted to come see however they ran away. Either way man, can't wait til next time, call me!
* Shawn holds his phone in almost disbelief at what he has read. He gently places his phone back down on the end table before sneaking out of the roof in damn fear it might beep again. He goes down to his kitchen and grabs a beer from the fridge before opening it up and walking back up his steps drinking it. He gets into his bathroom and starts his shower as the scene is done. *
* Shawn and Ace had agreed to go ahead and have this double date at Shawn's restaurant Seasons in LA. Shawn knew, Ace wanted a free meal and drinks while Shawn wanted to come across as a rich guy with good looks yet had a daughter that brought him down to earth. Seriously, what girl wouldn't drop pants in 10 seconds. 10 seconds that what Shawn figures he needs as he walks inside the door being greeted by one of the underage hostess' that he has employed. She hugs him and kisses him in the cheek as Ace see's Shawn from the booth he was seated at. Shawn is shaking some hands of people knowing he's the owner. Right then Shawn spots Ace and they both smile and share a hug damn near in the middle of the restaurant. *
Ace So glad to see you dude.
Shawn Not gonna lie I had a second and a third thought about this but I figured there is no way this night ends badly.
* Ace then points towards the booth that they're sitting in. Shawn notices Marissa first who has completely gone nervous after seeing Shawn. Since he entered she has been trying to fix her hair and make up via the use of a spoon. Shawn gets to the table when Marissa blushes and drops the spoon looking up at Shawn with a seemingly awkward smile. Shawn laughs a bit and smiles back which seemingly makes her melt. *
Shawn Um hi, I don't know if Ace here introduced me at all but I'm Shawn.
* Marissa giggles a bit as she's completely embarrassed and uncomfortable at what to say. She's basically back in high school embracing that awkward teen girl. *
Marissa Uh....hi, I'm Marissa....uh um....Ace's cousin.
* Shawn smiles knowing that look she has in her eyes. 10 seconds might have been over board, this girl was his in 2. Shawn takes a seat next to her just looking in her eyes and her cheeks grow red and she seemingly closes herself off. Shawn smiles a bit before placing his hand on hers that's on top of the table. *
Shawn Hey...relax. We're going to have fun-
* Right then Shawn see's that Ace is seated right next to Miranda, Shawn's craziest of ex's. *
Shawn Fuck me!
Marissa Excuse me?
Shawn No, no, no, no, no, no, no.....no....no...no, no, no....what the fuck is this?
Miranda Really, twelve no's?
Ace Darling, I am impressed! I didn't actually count. Marissa, Miranda. Miranda, my cousin Marissa.
Miranda Nice to meet you! I am just so so sorry you have to deal with that THING here tonight.
* She glared at Shawn. *
Ace So! To a good night and a good time!
* Ace then raises his glass of wine, not really bothering to respond to Shawn's initial reaction upon seeing Miranda. Shawn stared at Ace and Miranda like he was horrified. *
What the fuck is this? Ok I know me and Ace have similar taste in girls but Miranda? Ace knows her...there is no way Ace would do this. Why on earth would Ace fuck Miranda?
* Shawn takes a moment and looks at her before turning to Marissa and smiling at her before rubbing her hand a little bit. *
Ok fuck you Ace...yeah I get it, she looks fucking awesome. If she were wearing less clothes she'd be on girls gone wild.
* Shawn takes a quick deep breath as he's now completely thrown off guard at to what is exactly happening. He looks over at Marissa who gives him a smile which oddly enough soothes him a bit. *
Ace Come on Shawn! Drink up. We're here to have fun!
* Miranda leaned into Ace, grasping onto his arm and thigh while starring into Shawn's eyes disdainfully. Shawn grabs his glass of wine and brings it up to his lips nearly nervous as he begins to chug down the wine. *
Ace There we go!
* Shawn places his glass back down on the table as the waiter walks up to the table and grabs the bottle and fills up Shawn's glass. *
Waiter Good evening! What can I get you all this evening?
* Right before Shawn could speak up Ace has jumped in. *
Ace Two bottles of your finest wine first.
* Ace smiles as Shawn just looks at him. Ace seems to avoid the eye contact. *
Well Shawn...you're in this for a reason. Retake your life. This is going to do it. Miranda is just a curveball that Ace randomly is screwing? Well either way I'm here with his cousin who I gotta say is hot despite she doesn't say a lot.
Shawn That sounds great, is that alright with you?
* Shawn turns to ask Marissa. *
Marissa Oh...um I don't drink.
* Shawn takes a breath back almost having a heart attack. *
Shawn You're 21 aren't you?
Marissa Yes I am...it just doesn't set a good example for the kids.
Shawn What kids?
Marissa Oh....um, I'm a teacher. I teach a special needs class...I teach kids with disabilities.
Shawn Oh....wow that's...um, that's noble of you.
* Marissa smiles a bit. *
Shawn Um well just an extra water for her.
* The waiter then takes a note before looking back at the table. *
Marissa Alright, can I get a garden salad with fat free ranch?
Waiter Of course...
Miranda Oh....well I'll go ahead and have the same salad but no bacon...with fat free ranch!
* Miranda smiles before handing her menu off to the waiter. The waiter than looks at Shawn. *
Shawn Uh Andre knows what I like, just tell him Rib-Eye.
Waiter Of course.
Ace Can I get a cheeseburger and fries?
Waiter Um...we don't serve-
Ace Ok Shawn seriously? You have salads and steak but not a cheeseburger?
Shawn Just tell Andre to make him a cheeseburger....thanks.
* The waiter walks away. *
Marissa You seriously own this place?
Shawn Secondary job.
* Shawn then notices Miranda whispering something to Ace who eventually gets a smile on his face and winks at Shawn. *
Ace Alright man, well we're gonna head out for a second, right back for more wine and the main course. Have fun kiddos and drink up!
* Miranda practically pulled Ace out of the booth as they made their way down to the end of the restaurant out of eye view. Shawn then turns to Marissa who seems to be nervously biting her nails. She see's Shawn looking at her and stops and smiles. *
Marissa Oh sorry...I'm just kind of...
Shawn Nervous? It's alright I get that a lot. Girls sometimes get intimidated by who I am and because of my celebrity.
Marissa Oh...are you famous?
Ok so...she has no idea who I am, then why the hell is she so nervous? Is she seriously just this socially awkward or is she a retard like the kids she teaches? Wait...is that what makes her so qualified for the job? What the hell did Ace do?
Shawn So that's not why you're nervous?
Marissa Oh heh, I just, I don't know, I don't really get out that much and whenever I do it's always these horrible dates with awful guys. Meeting someone who seems so nice like you just kind of makes me nervous. Not to mention it's weird that you know Ace. He usually doesn't keep good company.
Oh my god this girl has no clue who I am. This...is going to be perfect. I can manipulate this girl like none before. She could very well turn into my very own masterpiece. Plus it doesn't hurt that she's hot as hell. Creepy being Ace's cousin but best part is they seem to be nothing alike. She doesn't drink which is a bummer, as it just means I'll have to be extra charming to get what I want out of this relationship.
Shawn Well if you must know I used to be like him however I have a baby girl now and she's just been beyond a handful for me, I don't have time to go out and be reckless like Ace. I've got to be a good role model and a good father to her when I see her of course, splitting time with her with her mom after the divorce.
Marissa Aw how sweet! So you're a divorced single dad? That is so amazing.
* Marissa places her hands on Shawn's arm which Shawn takes as a way of her trying to comfort him despite him completely playing her. *
Bingo...god whoever said that women are smarter then men must have been full of themselves. This chick is just eating up everything I'm telling her. She's going to be so full from my bullshit there will be no room for dinner. God who would of thought having a daughter would be the greatest pick up line of all time. When this night is over I'm going to have my revenge set for Hannah next time I see her. She isn't going to know what hit her and she's going to fully regret dumping me.
Marissa I find single dads to be the best parents because they seriously try harder to be a good father figure and a good role model. Just looking at you I could see you being just that.
Oh this girl is going to fall so hard. I almost feel bad, she's like so innocent yet when I'm done with her? She's going to hate the world and never trust a man again.
Shawn She's a real bundle of joy that's for sure.
Marissa What's her name?
Marissa That's an awesome name. She's got to be the luckiest girl in the world to have a guy like you for a dad.
Wow...hopefully I can be half the father that I'm selling myself as. It probably isn't a good sign using my daughter as a way to pick up chicks however I'm sure when she's older she'll understand.
* Right then Ace and Miranda return to the booth. Ace has a lipstick mark on his collar that Shawn randomly notices. He also notices Ace look at Marissa with a confused look as she's smiling and looking at Shawn as the food arrives. Shawn smiles and gives Ace a wink. *
Ace buddy...I love you for this. If he only knew what I had planned for his cousin, he might hate me. At least this way I won't have to worry about us hooking up with the same chick. Seeing Miranda with Ace only reminds me of our similar tastes.
* Shawn smiles at Marissa before cutting into his rib-eye as Ace has yet to touch his food. He gets an awkward look on his face before quickly shaking his head seemingly trying to clear it of some sort of thought. *
Shawn A date's never complete without that awkward silence. You alright buddy?
Miranda So Shawn...run over any stray cats or dogs lately?
Shawn So uh Miranda...forget which pill to take today?
Miranda Pill? I am not the drug addict!
Marissa Um, do you two know each other?
Shawn Nope...I just look at her and figure she takes a lot of medication.
Miranda Oh so now you don't know me? I guess going to jail does things to a guy right?
Marissa Ok seriously what's going on here?
Shawn Well maybe if someone wasn't such an emotional nut case a guy wouldn't have to get arrested in order to escape her emotional baggage. Jail was like a damn resort getting away from you.
Marissa Ok you two seriously must know each other.
Miranda Oh my god you would!
Marissa Shawn how do you know her?
Shawn Long time ago, she was just a psycho who telepathically thought that I actually liked her.
Miranda If I was telepathic I could totally read your mind right now.
Shawn Miranda you don't need to read it because I'll tell you what I'm thinking, you're a damn nut case who by now probably has a running tab at the abortion clinic!
Ace More wine anyone? Let's drink up!
* Ace takes a drink of his wine as Miranda is clearly fuming. Marissa hasn't moved as she doesn't know how to respond. Shawn looks at Miranda while taking a drink of his wine as Miranda explodes. *
Miranda Drug Addict!
Shawn Baby killer!
Miranda Emotionally Unavailable!
Shawn Horrible Lay!
* Miranda gasps. Ace grins as Miranda bolts up apparently deciding that she has had enough. Ace looks toward her as she walks away before looking to Shawn. Shawn and Ace walk towards the front door as Shawn looks back at Marissa saying it'll just be a second. *
Ace Oh man. That was awful. Sorry I didn't know that things were that bad between you two.
Shawn No kidding. How did you two even?
Ace College party. Now she won't stop following me around. On the plus side she is really good at what she does.
Shawn Yeah that shit will get old quick.
Ace That must have totally ruined your night with Marissa...that sucks.
Shawn Alright it didn't. Pretty sure I'm gonna see her again dude. Thanks for the hook up.
Shawn I don't know. Something about her just catches my eye. She's going to be perfect.
Ace Perfect for what?
Shawn Just in general. She's got legs, an ass, a mouth, eyes, boobs.
Ace Boobs? Compared to Hannah they're like nothing.
Shawn They're still boobs and a pair of boobs I have yet to see.
Ace Well, just don't tell me about them. I don't wanna vomit anytime soon.
* Miranda is at the door seemingly being very impatient. *
Ace Well man, hope you two have a blast. Do your thing, and get back into the game for crying out loud. I need a multimillion dollar wing man again.
* Shawn laughs a bit before giving Ace a quick hug. *
Shawn Will do...just do yourself a favor then. When I text you a picture in about ten minutes don't open it.
* Shawn and Ace share a quick laugh as Miranda's voice can be heard from the doorway. *
Miranda ACE! COME ON!
Ace Peace out dude.
* Ace walks out the door as Shawn rejoins Marissa at the table.